At Lakeside Organic Gardens, we strive to provide a safe workplace and an enjoyable work experience. We believe that a company is only as good as its employees and our philosophy is that by working as a team, we will all build a stronger company together. Annually, we celebrate the success of our employees by hosting a family picnic to award and thank our natural leaders and safe workers.
We are a full operation with jobs that range from management to harvesting and everything in between. Keep checking on our website for open positions in management, sales, accounting, harvesting, irrigation, tractor drivers, truck drivers, forklift operators and more.
Lakeside Organic Gardens
Lakeside Organic Gardens, the States’ largest Organic Grower, Packer, and Shipper, seeks applicants for the following employment opportunity:
Position Summary: The Safety Specialist assists and works under the direction of the HR/Safety Manager at Lakeside Organic Gardens. This position is responsible for assisting with designing, development, and implementation of company safety policies in central and Southern California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- This position has the primary responsibility for safety training and inspection program execution and additional safety responsibilities assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
- Coordinates the company safety effort and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Perform scheduled safety inspections. Assists management in the development of job safety analysis (JSA’s) to ensure all safety hazards have been identified and mitigating safety procedure are developed to prevent injury.
- Develops and implements audit programs to review and assure compliance with applicable health and safety standards and that the company is following all safety procedures and evaluate effectiveness.
- Maintain Injury and Illness Prevention Program
- Responsible for ensuring all accident report documentation is complete and accurate.
- Ensures post injury and worker’s compensation claims management program is administered in an effective and complaint manner.
- Coordinates and completes compliance driven safety requirements such as annual audiograms, industrial hygiene surveys, CPR/First Aid training, forklift training, HAZMAT response training, etc.
- Actively interacts with all employees to promote safe acts and increase employee engagement.
- Educates, motivates and trains supervision and production personnel in good housekeeping practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
- Manages the company personal protective equipment, work clothing and safety equipment programs according to company standards and operating budget.
- Develops and implements effective programs for the identification, prevention and control of occupational injuries and illnesses.
- Develops and coordinates health and safety education and training programs.
- Maintains current awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, and safety regulations.
- Maintains legal, governmental and company environmental, health, medical and safety-related records according to standards, including confidentiality. Maintains an accurate OSHA 300 log.
- Perform a wide variety of responsible clerical, technical, administrative, and office support duties in support to the HR Manager
- Maintain personnel records ensuring timely and accurate records
- Assist in facilitating effective and timely communication between all levels of employees
- Research, compile and analyze data for special personnel projects and reports
- Assist HR Manager in a variety of duties
Job Skills and Requirements:
- An attention to detail in all activities is imperative.
- Bi-lingual. English / Spanish speak and read.
- A strong work ethic and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- Good math, written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Computer literacy with familiarity with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel is required.
- Strong communication skills are essential. Must have the ability to speak to large groups of employees.
- Candidates must be well organized and comfortable working independently.
- Clean DMV driving history / insurable.
- Candidate must be reliable and punctual.
- Must be able to travel
- This position requires that the candidate work Monday through Friday, and including some Saturdays and holidays.
- Ability to travel to Southern California, several times a year.
- Associates Degree or comparable experience in safety.
Physical skills, mental abilities, and requirements:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May require walking for long periods of time on wet and uneven terrain as part of crew audits.
- Ability to travel independently and work in remote areas.
- Often standing, walking, sitting, reaching, turning, and climbing stairs for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in an office and cooler environment with a temperature range between 34 – 70 plus degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a field environment with a temperature ranging from 34 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds without undue physical exertion and ability to stoop, reach, walk, and other physical activities associated with an office and field environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and comprehend verbal instructions and requires sufficient sight and hearing to perform all job functions.
- Positive attitude with willingness to pro-actively solve issues.
- Ability to carry out defined procedures with specific instructions and abilities to learn new duties with minimal repetition.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, ability to work independently, and manage a project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, venders, and peers.
Lakeside Organic Gardens is looking for a Shift Supervisor(Swing Shift) to join our team.
The Primary Purpose of the Shift Supervisor is to supervise and utilize available resources (staff and equipment) to move produce in the safest and most cost effective manner to meet or exceed customer expectations and to achieve company goals.
Shift-Hours : Variable – rotating shifts and extended hours. 5:00pm to Closing.
Important Note: Position relocates to Holtville for 4 months each year
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of dockworkers and other support staff engaged in the loading and unloading of product.
- Prepare and plan daily utilization of resources to ensure a consistent and efficient operation.
- Coordinate work assignments, monitor employee performance and provide training on job duties, company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and observe the loading of trucks to determine conformance to loading patterns to prevent damage to product during transit and that the safe operation of the truck will not be jeopardized.
- Administer and support safety and health programs to ensure a safe work place and to be in compliance with government regulations. Foster an environment where the importance of worker and food safety is based on proper safe handling and loading of product including maintaining cold chain integrity.
- Utilize work method programs for training and education to motivate employees to improve performance and quality of work. Develop improved performance of employees through feedback and coaching.
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of information.
- Ability to work rotating schedules and travel to Holtville for four months out of the year (Housing is provided).
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Bilingual English/Spanish . Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be computer literate. Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word required.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Ability to speak, write and read English.
- Demonstrated ability to operate basic office machines and the Company’s system.
- Must have: Verbal and written communication skills; personal integrity; flexibility; dependability; ability to work within policy guidelines and to work independently; knowledge of Inventory Management, and Warehousing.
- Forklift operation certification
- 2 to 4 years of logistics and receiving experience
Experience : Related work experience may consist of working in a manufacturing environment in a lead capacity in inventory management, warehouse operations, or shipping/receiving operation. Must have prior knowledge of proper freight handling/loading techniques.
Job Type: Full-time
Lakeside Organic Gardens is currently looking for a team player to fill the position of Delivery Driver. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of organic produce to predetermined customers on specific routes, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading trucks. If you’re interested in taking on a new challenge at a growing company, we encourage you to apply today.
Route begins in Watsonville and delivers in Soquel, Santa Cruz, Felton, Boulder Creek and the Bay Area. Familiarity with these locations will be helpful but not required. Applicant must have and maintain a clean DMV record, valid Class C CA license and have at least one (1) year of experience driving a route. We are looking for someone who is punctual, responsible, and bilingual (preferred but not required), good with numbers and most importantly have great customer service skills. A flexible schedule is required for this position.
Route days are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday starting at 12:00 AM and finishing around 10:30 AM (this varies depending on route size and traffic.)
You have the option to only work on route days, for around 30 hours a week. If you are looking for something full time you can work an extra 24 hours at our cooler facility doing General Labor, operating a forklift and other duties as needed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for 8 hours a day from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Job Type: Full-time
Lakeside Organic Gardens is seeking a maintenance worker with strong electrical experience.
This is a full time position, 60 hours a week.
Candidate must be willing to learn general carpentry, mechanical and electrical skills. Must have basic knowledge of the practices, tools, equipment, and materials used in construction and facilities maintenance including good carpentry skills; competence in plumbing and electrical; sheet metal and welding skills desirable; heavy equipment operation skills but not required. Must be able to learn fast in a timely manner without supervision. English/Spanish a plus.
Pay is commensurate with experience.Must have a valid CDL and clean DMV record. Must have the ability to communicate and work effectively with others to achieve positive results; good organizational skills; ability to lift 100 lbs. from the ground into the bed of a standard pick-up truck; good basic construction math skills;60 hours a week; may be required to work overtime, weekends/ Holidays as needed. Schedule must be flexible some Sundays may be required, or more hours per day during peak season.
This is an entry level position, the starting rate for this position is $13-$18 hour depending on experience.
Please email detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply at 25 Sakata Lane Watsonville, CA. 95076. Download an application at www.lakesideorganic.com
Please click on a link below to download an application form:
Email your application and resume to the HR Department: email@example.com
Fax it to 831-722-6286
Call 831-722-6266 for a physical address to drop it off in person