At Lakeside Organic Gardens, we strive to provide a safe workplace and an enjoyable work experience. We believe that a company is only as good as its employees and our philosophy is that by working as a team, we will all build a stronger company together. Annually, we celebrate the success of our employees by hosting a family picnic to award and thank our natural leaders and safe workers.
We are a full operation with jobs that range from management to harvesting and everything in between. Keep checking on our website for open positions in management, sales, accounting, harvesting, irrigation, tractor drivers, truck drivers, forklift operators and more.
Marketing Communications Coordinator
Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining marketing-communications programs that effectively describe and promote the company brand and products to customers, employees and the general public through digital, print collateral and campaigns, trade show events and local community relations.
Preferred Job Skills and Requirements:
- Effective Writing Skills
- Basic Graphic Design (Experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, & Illustrator)
- Detail Oriented
- Multitasking Abilities
- Able to work well with diversity
- Concise Communication Skill
- Ability to Speak In Public
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly manage the development and production of branded print collateral such as company site signage, banners, business cards, letterhead, advertising campaigns, company calendar, etc. to ensure brand standards are adhered and overall image standards are upheld. Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Maintain company website, social media platform accounts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and more), and direct/email marketing; including content writing and editing, photo editing and occasional photography. Ensuring all information is up-to-date across media platforms.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, must be able to travel
Position Summary: The Sanitation Worker performs cleaning and sanitizing duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Keeps all areas of the facility clean, sanitized, and in orderly condition
• Cleans and sanitizes floors, walls, tools and all sizes of equipment
• Cleans screens and filters on buildings and equipment
• Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, locker rooms and other work areas as instructed.
• Washes walls, floors, drains, and overhead items
• Washes windows, door panels, and sills
• Empties waste baskets, barrels, recycle bins, and trash cans
• Transports waste, recyclables, and trash to disposal areas
• Replenishes bathroom supplies
• Operates forklift to transport materials within facility property
• Performance measures: Attendance, Job Performance, Quality of work, Team and Personal, Productivity Goals
• Follow all food safety regulations
• Maintain safe work practices as a priority
• Ability to pour, mix, and safely handle sanitizing chemicals
Physical skills, mental abilities, and requirements:
• Ability to work in cold environments of 32 degrees for extended periods of time
• Able to work at heights of up to 20 feet using a lift or boom
• Able to work from ladders or platforms
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and / or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are represented of the conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet, and humid conditions. The noise level is moderate.
*Other duties may be assigned
• General work hours are from 5 am to 3:30 pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Saturday and Except for Tuesdays & Fridays from 3:30 am to 1:00pm
• Work schedules are subject to change to reflect seasonal production volume.
• Work schedules will include very early mornings, nights, holidays, Saturdays and some Sundays through the year.
• Good attendance is required
Lakeside Organic Gardens is seeking a cooler manager to be based out of its Watsonville facility. Check out our website at www.lakesideorganic.com to read about our commitment to organics and our sustainable business practices.
To apply for this position please submit your resume along with a cover letter that includes your response to the questions listed below.
- What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position with LOG?
- What is the most challenging work you have performed in your employment history?
- Why might you want to work at LOG?
- What is your current/target compensation level?
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for managing and directing all of the activities related to the receiving, storage, repacking, order fulfillment and shipment of product to accounts throughout the US and Canada.
- Responsible for coordination to ensure that the company meets all applicable state and federal environmental and GMP standards.
- Develop and cultivate a culture that creates a sustainable work environment that promotes safety, customer-centric product fulfillment and continuous improvement to ensure efficient and accurate systems and processes.
- Build and develop individuals and teams to create a productive and involved Operations team and a highly participative work environment.
- Lead and carry out the company’s sustainability initiatives in the operations arenas.
- Develop and manage operations budget to include weekly and monthly operations metrics.
Manage warehouse functions:
- Provide direction for warehouse supervisors as well as staff engaged in facility maintenance and sanitation operations.
- Manage functional areas to include product receiving, put-away, repack, order fulfillment and shipping.
- Implement continuous improvements for warehouse efficiency and customer service.
- Motivate frontline staff to understand barriers to productive performance and solicit ideas on how to drive process improvements.
- Be a change agent in warehouse to drive process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with GMP, FDA and OSHA regulations, county health, food safety and organic certification requirements.
- Manage the operations budget and control expenses effectively. Analyze and address variances.
- Ensure that all LOG operations are complying with Company policy, state and federal statues regarding workplace safety, food safety and employment laws, and that all practices are administered in a fair and equitable manner.
- Recruits, hires and develops staff effectively to insure proper staffing. Focuses on coaching for success and takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policy.
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to drive successful core process improvements within a high velocity, perishable warehouse environment as well as a track record of building and leading high performance teams, delivering exceptional customer service, effectively developing and managing budgets.
- This position requires hands-on experience in developing and maintaining effective warehouse management systems (WMS) and processes that are integrated into an enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Knowledge of DOT, USDA, OSHA and other applicable government regulations is required.
- This position requires basic skills in MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook as well as the capacity to learn and use a variety of computer software programs specific to LOG.
Competency Qualifications: Ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following competencies:
- High Integrity and Trustworthy
- Customer Focus
- Result Driven
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Action Oriented
- Effective Team Builder
- Problem Solver
- Good Time Management
- Quality Decision Maker
Functional/Technical Skills to include:
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite software.
- Previous experience using electronic transportation management systems.
- Solid keyboarding and overall computer skills definitely required.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
Knowledge and Experience Qualifications
- An undergraduate degree is required plus a minimum of five years of increasing responsibilities in leadership roles in either manufacturing or distribution. Preferably in refrigerated products.
- 3+ years experience managing a group facility of over 50 personnel.
Please click on a link below to download an application form:
Email your application and resume to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax it to 831-722-6286
Call 831-722-6266 for a physical address to drop it off in person