At Lakeside Organic Gardens, we strive to provide a safe workplace and an enjoyable work experience. We believe that a company is only as good as its employees and our philosophy is that by working as a team, we will all build a stronger company together. Annually, we celebrate the success of our employees by hosting a family picnic to award and thank our natural leaders and safe workers.
We are a full operation with jobs that range from management to harvesting and everything in between. Keep checking on our website for open positions in management, sales, accounting, harvesting, irrigation, tractor drivers, truck drivers, forklift operators and more.
Sales Administrative Assistant
The role of a Sales Admin. is to deal with incoming customer inquiries and assisting the Sales Team with daily Sales administrative activities.
Perform order entry for the Sales Team for orders received by phone, email, and in-person. Prepare and review daily invoices for accuracy and notify appropriate departments for prompt order fulfillment and shipping. Assist customers with product inquiries and facilitate product sales
Must be Bilingual, read, write and Speak Spanish
- Answering incoming phone calls
- Order entry (phone orders, e-mails, website – iTrade/SPS Commerce, etc)
- Submitting daily invoices (email or website – iTrade/SPS Commerce)
- File BOL’s
- Reconcile short pays/outstanding invoices/credit memos
- Maintain Trouble Tracker – Rejections
- Freight Purchase Matching
- Order Office Supplies – When needed
- Communicating internally important feedback from customers
- Supporting the sales force with general operations to help reach the team’s objectives
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements for the role:
- High organizational skills and ability to manage a number of projects at the same time
- Ability to prioritize own workload
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills for example Microsoft Office Suite and Famous
- An administrative or sales background
- Must be detail oriented
Work Schedule: This is a full time position. The hours are basically 8 per day, from Monday to Friday from 6:00 Am to 3:00 Pm.
Physical skills, mental abilities and requirements : The ability to work in a fast paced open environment. The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Check us out for more information at www.Lakesideorganic.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 2 years
- Administrative Assistant: 2 years
Position Summary: The Food Safety Assistant assists and works under the direction of the Food Safety Manager at Lakeside Organic Gardens. This position is responsible for assisting with implementation of company food safety policies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities.
- Assist Food Safety Manager in all areas of food safety compliance
- Assist in third party audits, as well as “in-house” inspections of fields, crews, and facilities.
- Assist in monthly water, product sampling, fertilizer sampling and documented monthly field inspections.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of company staff and to work independently as needed.
- Maintain a safe working environment and accident free record.
- Assist in maintaining the food safety database.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Job Skills and Requirements:
- An attention to detail in all activities is imperative.
- Preferred bi-lingual. English / Spanish speak and read.
- A strong work ethic and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- Good basic math, written and verbal communication skills is required.
- Computer literacy with familiarity with MS Outlook, Word, and Excel is preferred.
- Candidates must be well organized and comfortable working independently.
- Food safety knowledge is preferred.
- Clean DMV driving history / insurable.
- Candidate must be reliable and punctual.
- This position requires that the candidate works Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, and including many Saturdays and holidays. Times are highly variable and may include early mornings and possible evening work.
- Part time 20-30 hours per week. (Possible more or less)
*Hours and times may change as planting / harvest conditions and season changes.
- High School graduate
Physical skills, mental abilities, and requirements:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May require walking for long periods of time on wet and uneven terrain as part of field sampling.
- Ability to travel independently and work in remote areas.
- Often standing, walking, sitting, reaching and turning for periods of time.
- Ability to work in an office and cooler environment with a temperature range between 34 – 70 plus degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a field environment with a temperature ranging from 34 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to lift forty pounds without undue physical exertion and ability to stoop, reach, walk, and other physical activities associated with an office and field environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and comprehend verbal instructions and requires sufficient sight and hearing to perform all job functions.
- Positive attitude with willingness to pro-actively solve issues.
- Ability to carry out defined procedures with specific instructions and abilities to learn new duties with minimal repetition.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self starter, ability to work independently, and manage a project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, venders, and peers.
Food Safety experience is preferred but not required.
Medical insurance is available after the first 60 days of full time employment for employees who work at least 40 hours per week.
You are eligible for our 401-K plan after one (1) year of service. The company matches what you contribute as per the following schedule:
- 2-5 Years of Service = 50% match
- 6+ Years of Service = 100% match
- Up to a maximum of $2000.00 per year.
Lakeside Organic Gardens is looking for energetic and self-motivated shippers to build orders on pallets and load into freight trucks. Other duties include but are not limited to the following. Top icing produce (done with a shovel). Clean and organize cooler, separate product on pallets, separate cartons of twist ties, butt tags, bags and supplies as instructed, operate pallet jack and hand trucks, Must have forklift knowledge.
Morning shifts available (approximately 8+hours depending on daily orders)
- Must be able to work over time
- Two years minimum experience in agriculture cooling, receiving and shipping
- Two years of Forklift experience, previous certification.
- Medical Insurance
Relocation to Holtville, CA is a plus, but not required
- If willing to relocate housing is provided
- Pay is $ 1.50 more per hour worked
- From December to March
Serious applicants only!
Job Type: Full-time
Position Summary: The Sanitation Worker performs cleaning and sanitizing duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Keeps all areas of the facility clean, sanitized, and in orderly condition
• Cleans and sanitizes floors, walls, tools and all sizes of equipment
• Cleans screens and filters on buildings and equipment
• Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, locker rooms and other work areas as instructed.
• Washes walls, floors, drains, and overhead items
• Washes windows, door panels, and sills
• Empties waste baskets, barrels, recycle bins, and trash cans
• Transports waste, recyclables, and trash to disposal areas
• Replenishes bathroom supplies
• Operates forklift to transport materials within facility property
• Performance measures: Attendance, Job Performance, Quality of work, Team and Personal, Productivity Goals
• Follow all food safety regulations
• Maintain safe work practices as a priority
• Ability to pour, mix, and safely handle sanitizing chemicals
Physical skills, mental abilities, and requirements:
• Ability to work in cold environments of 32 degrees for extended periods of time
• Able to work at heights of up to 20 feet using a lift or boom
• Able to work from ladders or platforms
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and / or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are represented of the conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, wet, and humid conditions. The noise level is moderate.
*Other duties may be assigned
• General work hours are from 5 am to 3:30 pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Saturday and Except for Tuesdays & Fridays from 3:30 am to 1:00pm
• Work schedules are subject to change to reflect seasonal production volume.
• Work schedules will include very early mornings, nights, holidays, Saturdays and some Sundays through the year.
• Good attendance is required
Must be able to work the following hours: M,W,TH, & SAT from 5:00am-3:00pm and TUES & FRI from 3:30am-1:00pm
Lakeside Organic Gardens is seeking a cooler manager to be based out of its Watsonville facility. Check out our website at www.lakesideorganic.com to read about our commitment to organics and our sustainable business practices.
To apply for this position please submit your resume along with a cover letter that includes your response to the questions listed below.
- What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position with LOG?
- What is the most challenging work you have performed in your employment history?
- Why might you want to work at LOG?
- What is your current/target compensation level?
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for managing and directing all of the activities related to the receiving, storage, repacking, order fulfillment and shipment of product to accounts throughout the US and Canada.
- Responsible for coordination to ensure that the company meets all applicable state and federal environmental and GMP standards.
- Develop and cultivate a culture that creates a sustainable work environment that promotes safety, customer-centric product fulfillment and continuous improvement to ensure efficient and accurate systems and processes.
- Build and develop individuals and teams to create a productive and involved Operations team and a highly participative work environment.
- Lead and carry out the company’s sustainability initiatives in the operations arenas.
- Develop and manage operations budget to include weekly and monthly operations metrics.
Manage warehouse functions:
- Provide direction for warehouse supervisors as well as staff engaged in facility maintenance and sanitation operations.
- Manage functional areas to include product receiving, put-away, repack, order fulfillment and shipping.
- Implement continuous improvements for warehouse efficiency and customer service.
- Motivate frontline staff to understand barriers to productive performance and solicit ideas on how to drive process improvements.
- Be a change agent in warehouse to drive process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with GMP, FDA and OSHA regulations, county health, food safety and organic certification requirements.
- Manage the operations budget and control expenses effectively. Analyze and address variances.
- Ensure that all LOG operations are complying with Company policy, state and federal statues regarding workplace safety, food safety and employment laws, and that all practices are administered in a fair and equitable manner.
- Recruits, hires and develops staff effectively to insure proper staffing. Focuses on coaching for success and takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with Company policy.
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to drive successful core process improvements within a high velocity, perishable warehouse environment as well as a track record of building and leading high performance teams, delivering exceptional customer service, effectively developing and managing budgets.
- This position requires hands-on experience in developing and maintaining effective warehouse management systems (WMS) and processes that are integrated into an enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Knowledge of DOT, USDA, OSHA and other applicable government regulations is required.
- This position requires basic skills in MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook as well as the capacity to learn and use a variety of computer software programs specific to LOG.
Competency Qualifications: Ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following competencies:
- High Integrity and Trustworthy
- Customer Focus
- Result Driven
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Action Oriented
- Effective Team Builder
- Problem Solver
- Good Time Management
- Quality Decision Maker
Functional/Technical Skills to include:
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite software.
- Previous experience using electronic transportation management systems.
- Solid keyboarding and overall computer skills definitely required.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
Knowledge and Experience Qualifications
- An undergraduate degree is required plus a minimum of five years of increasing responsibilities in leadership roles in either manufacturing or distribution. Preferably in refrigerated products.
- 3+ years experience managing a group facility of over 50 personnel.
Please click on a link below to download an application form:
Email your application and resume to the HR Department: email@example.com
Fax it to 831-722-6286
Call 831-722-6266 for a physical address to drop it off in person