At Lakeside Organic Gardens, we strive to provide a safe workplace and an enjoyable work experience. We believe that a company is only as good as its employees and our philosophy is that by working as a team, we will all build a stronger company together. Annually, we celebrate the success of our employees by hosting a family picnic to award and thank our natural leaders and safe workers.
We are a full operation with jobs that range from management to harvesting and everything in between. Keep checking on our website for open positions in management, sales, accounting, harvesting, irrigation, tractor drivers, truck drivers, forklift operators and more.
Lakeside Organic Gardens is looking for a highly motivated energized person to join the team. We are currently looking for a Sanitation Tech (Temporary).
The Sanitation Tech performs cleaning and sanitizing duties at Cooling Facilities, Restaurant and Fields Ranches. The Sanitation Tech is responsible for Sanitizing and maintaining multiple Facilities. Job duties and responsibilities are the following but not limited to; Keeps all areas of the facilities clean, sanitized in orderly condition. Will sanitize multiple cold rooms, kitchens, restrooms, portable restrooms, hallways, lobbies, locker rooms and other work areas as instructed. Will need to empty waste baskets, barrels, recycle bins, trash cans, transports waste, recyclables, and trash to disposal areas. Will need to pour, mix, and safely handle sanitizing chemical and other duties may be assigned or changed as needed.
General work hours are;
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5:00 am to 3:30 pm.
Saturday, Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:30 am to 1:00pm.
Work Schedule are subject to change due to seasonal production volume and will include very early mornings, nights, holidays, Saturdays and some Sundays through the year.
Ability to lift up to and over 50lbs.
Mix and use basic cleaning materials
Use various tools such as shovels, hammers, rakes, brooms and hoes.
Operate equipment such as hand trucks and climb ladders.
MUST BE REAILBLE AND HAVE Transportation.
Please apply only if available for scheduled shift above. No flexibility on hours.
Job Type: Temporary
Lakeside Organic Gardens is looking for a Shift Supervisor(Swing Shift) to join our team.
The Primary Purpose of the Shift Supervisor is to supervise and utilize available resources (staff and equipment) to move produce in the safest and most cost effective manner to meet or exceed customer expectations and to achieve company goals.
Shift-Hours : Variable – rotating shifts and extended hours. 5:00pm to Closing.
Important Note: Position relocates to Holtville for 4 months each year
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of dockworkers and other support staff engaged in the loading and unloading of product.
- Prepare and plan daily utilization of resources to ensure a consistent and efficient operation.
- Coordinate work assignments, monitor employee performance and provide training on job duties, company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and observe the loading of trucks to determine conformance to loading patterns to prevent damage to product during transit and that the safe operation of the truck will not be jeopardized.
- Administer and support safety and health programs to ensure a safe work place and to be in compliance with government regulations. Foster an environment where the importance of worker and food safety is based on proper safe handling and loading of product including maintaining cold chain integrity.
- Utilize work method programs for training and education to motivate employees to improve performance and quality of work. Develop improved performance of employees through feedback and coaching.
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to ensure an efficient and steady flow of information.
- Ability to work rotating schedules and travel to Holtville for four months out of the year (Housing is provided).
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Bilingual English/Spanish . Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be computer literate. Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word required.
- Effective organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Ability to speak, write and read English.
- Demonstrated ability to operate basic office machines and the Company’s system.
- Must have: Verbal and written communication skills; personal integrity; flexibility; dependability; ability to work within policy guidelines and to work independently; knowledge of Inventory Management, and Warehousing.
- Forklift operation certification
- 2 to 4 years of logistics and receiving experience
Experience : Related work experience may consist of working in a manufacturing environment in a lead capacity in inventory management, warehouse operations, or shipping/receiving operation. Must have prior knowledge of proper freight handling/loading techniques.
Job Type: Full-time
Lakeside Organic Gardens is looking for energetic and self-motivated shippers to build orders on pallets and load into freight trucks. Other duties include but are not limited to the following. Top icing produce (done with a shovel). Clean and organize cooler, separate product on pallets, separate cartons of twist ties, butt tags, bags and supplies as instructed, operate pallet jack and hand trucks, Must have forklift knowledge.
Morning shifts available (approximately 8+hours depending on daily orders)
- Must be able to work over time
- Two years minimum experience in agriculture cooling, receiving and shipping
- Two years of Forklift experience, previous certification.
- Medical Insurance
Relocation to Holtville, CA is a plus, but not required
- If willing to relocate housing is provided
- Pay is $ 1.50 more per hour worked
- From December to March
Serious applicants only!
Job Type: Full-time
Lakeside Organic Gardens is currently looking for a team player to fill the position of Delivery Driver. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of organic produce to predetermined customers on specific routes, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading trucks. If you’re interested in taking on a new challenge at a growing company, we encourage you to apply today.
Route begins in Watsonville and delivers in Soquel, Santa Cruz, Felton, Boulder Creek and the Bay Area. Familiarity with these locations will be helpful but not required. Applicant must have and maintain a clean DMV record, valid Class C CA license and have at least one (1) year of experience driving a route. We are looking for someone who is punctual, responsible, and bilingual (preferred but not required), good with numbers and most importantly have great customer service skills. A flexible schedule is required for this position.
Route days are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday starting at 12:00 AM and finishing around 10:30 AM (this varies depending on route size and traffic.)
You have the option to only work on route days, for around 30 hours a week. If you are looking for something full time you can work an extra 24 hours at our cooler facility doing General Labor, operating a forklift and other duties as needed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for 8 hours a day from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Job Type: Full-time
Please click on a link below to download an application form:
Email your application and resume to the HR Department: email@example.com
Fax it to 831-722-6286
Call 831-722-6266 for a physical address to drop it off in person